Learning Babies runs over 6 consecutive weeks from 10am - 12pm at The Stork Network - 63 Harrison Street, Ashburton.
- February 11th - March 18th 2021 - FULL
- April 15th - May 20th 2021
- May 27th - July 1st 2021
- July 29th - September 2nd 2021
- September 16th - October 21st 2021
- 11th November 2021 - 16th December 2021
Learning Babies is a 6 week course for new mums and their brand new babies. Come and relax in a warm and inviting atmosphere where you can develop new friendships with other mums who are going through a similar experience to you. Each week brings a new focus, from self-care and adjusting to parenting to newborn behaviours and brain development. We love to see new mums grow in confidence and to watch their little ones grow too.
The first baby that we have is what we at The Stork Network like to call our "learning babies'. We have to make so many fundamental decisions about who we are as parents and what we believe to be the best care for our children and it's often our first babies who we make these choices with. They really define our morals, values and beliefs as parents and as a family. Not only are we discovering who we are as parents, we are also responsible for the care and well-being of our new wee addition; this alone can be a very daunting thought and sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming.
Our Learning babies course is designed to give you the information, support and guidance that many new mums need in those early weeks. It is an opportunity to ask questions, seek support and ultimately meet other new mums in the same situation as you. Learning Babies is created and delivered by our Education Manager Zalie Doyle who brings to the course her knowledge, skills and a passion for new mums and babies.
- 6 x 2 hours of dedicated sessions covering below topics
- Guest speakers
- Free car seat assessment and installation if needed
- Course booklet with useful information
- A weeks free carrier hire with ongoing advice and support
- Barista made hot drinks each week & morning tea